Hide cash from the other half...

DANZIG 10:07 21 May 08

They're discussing this on The Wright Stuff at the moment..

Do you hide spending / saving from your partner? Personally speaking, I think everyone does to some degree...what does everyone else think??

Bingalau 10:25 21 May 08

No!

Giant68 10:25 21 May 08

I don't hide it from "she who must be obeyed" but if she doesn't ask...

Giant68

Quickbeam 10:26 21 May 08

ventanas 10:28 21 May 08

How brave do you think I am?

lisa02 10:57 21 May 08

No. We have access to each other's bank accounts.

Cymro. 10:59 21 May 08

I have been married now for over thirty years and all that time I have always held back a small part of the money that comes in to our house.

At no time has the total amount exceeded a thousand pounds. My wife knows nothing of this money

Cymro. 11:00 21 May 08

Sorry posted unfinished post please ignore.

DANZIG 11:08 21 May 08

On the show I mentioned there was also some discussion about squirreling away money for 'escape funds' - so if the relationship breaks down, there's some cash there to sort yourself out with.

Sounds like a good idea - a bit bleak and cynical maybe - but practical!!

Me and the other half have also got joint bank accounts but we still spend a little bit more 'behind each others backs' to a small degree - and I would have thought everyone else would have as well. The odd time as well, I have squirreled away a few quid.

Nothing major though. There was a las on the show that said she discovered her husband had accrued £30'000 in debt and nothing to show for it.

Cymro. 12:59 21 May 08

I have been married now for over thirty years and all that time I have always held back a small part of the the money that comes in to our house. At no time has the total amount exceeded a thousand pounds.

My wife knows nothing of this money and it is used for such things as buying her presents at Christmas etc. that are a little more expensive than she realizes.

All right, some of this slush fund ends up being spent on myself at the local pub or some such thing, but all in all I think it has added to the overall success of our marriage.

The thing that many married couples argue the most about is in some way related to money and how much is available to spend on non essential things. So I firmly believe that what the eye does not see the heart does not grieve.

recap 13:30 21 May 08

I think the question is do you Trust your partner?

If yes is the answer then there should be no reason to hide anything from her/him.

My partner and I have just moved in together and we have both agreed to set up a joint bank account. She will keep her existing account as I will, just for those little extra items required at birthdays and Christmas.

Personally I think if there is not Trust in a relationship then the relationship will not last.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…