Hey, I've hurt my wrist,but I'm loaded.

User-1159794 15:59 29 Jul 07

click here
Yet in comparison:

Loss of eye:£28.750
loss of leg:57.500
and if you were careless enough to lose both your arms and legs,you will receive £285.000.

Moral of the story,sod losing your bits and bobs,get RSI.

Stuartli 16:06 29 Jul 07

As Richard Littlejohn would say: "You couldn't make it up."

I must have typed many millions of words on both ancient typewriters and computer keyboards over the past 51 years and I've never suffered from RSI.

User-1159794 16:11 29 Jul 07

Hey, maybe your long overdue for compensation.

Stuartli 16:15 29 Jul 07

No need, but in any case I'm not into the depressing compensation culture - we're only following the Yanks in this respect (as with so many other things).

Kate B 16:37 29 Jul 07

RSI is very real - though fortunately it seems to be on the wane as both employers and employees start to understand how it happens and how to prevent it, and also I think we're just generally more used to using computers. I've seen people who can't push open swing doors with their hands because they're so badly damaged by RSI and who can't open any screw top container or who can't hold a pen.

If you can't use your hands, life becomes very, very difficult and there aren't many jobs you can do. I don't think £484,000 is a lot, actually, when you consider how much someone in their 20s could earn in a lifetime, and this is a clerk who relies on her hands as her principal working tools. £484,000 is, at a guess, between 15 and 20 years worth of salary.

TopCat® 18:11 29 Jul 07

I might just put a RSI claim in against PCA after nearly seven years of forum input! :o) But then, I think Peter (the FE) would have a claim to much more input than me, don't you think? Hurts my wrist just thinking about it! :o) TC.

egapup 18:36 29 Jul 07

Yes the soldiers who come back missing limbs and so on must feel a bit miffed.

"If you can't use your hands, life becomes very, very difficult and there aren't many jobs you can do." At least she's still got her hands.

Kate B 18:39 29 Jul 07

If there's any follow-up it will be tomorrow. It's not something the other Sundays would have followed up after the newsdesks got the first editions. I can see the Mail doing something on it, but it's really just a huffing-and-puffing story. The comparison with the injured service personnel doesn't really hold water when you consider, as I posted above, that the compensation isn't particularly outrageous given that the injured person might not be able to work again. It's just manipulative to compare the two.

Kate B 18:40 29 Jul 07

egapup, you've obviously never seen someone with RSI. I have. I'm not saying the suffering is less or greater than anyone else's - but it can be very serious.

Stuartli 18:40 29 Jul 07

I'm quite sure that another job will be found - if there is any incentive left.

Chegs ®™ 00:52 30 Jul 07

"The comparison with the injured service personnel doesn't really hold water when you consider, as I posted above, that the compensation isn't particularly outrageous given that the injured person might not be able to work again."

I cannot believe you would have said such a thing Kate.An injured serviceman isnt likely to work again either & in the words of the song "the average age is n-n-n-nineteen" yet gets a paltry sum in comparison for a darn sight more injury than a sore wrist.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…