Heres to a long life?

S5W 19:02 13 Mar 05

When a computer memory or 'brain' approaches a state of repleteness the computer tends to slow down and then become erratic and finally crashes and is useless.

An article in today's Sunday Times postulates that babies born from now on should be able to live 'forever'.

When, in future these centegenarian children find their juvenile brains cluttersd with spam, viruses, rubbish and rhubarb will there be clinics for them to have their brains formatted? If there are will they emerge helpless, unable to control their bodily functions and uttering such words as ga ga, da da, oogle goog. If there are no such clinics what will our future 250 year old youths get up to with comletely clogged brains? I fear the earth will become populated by 500 year old uncontrollable, doolaaly human robots unaware of any external influence.

My particular concern is that in a few years when I return to haunt some young acquaintances previously entered in my little black book they won't realize they are being haunted. This calls for a dram of fine malt.

oresome 20:16 13 Mar 05

Don't believe all you read in the papers!

Some years ago, I read that we would all be working a twenty hour week by now with endless leisure time. Nuclear power was to provide an everlasting supply of cheap energy. Televisions would be like a picture frame hung on the wall........well, at least the last one's coming to fruition.

S5W 13:15 14 Mar 05

I did'nt actually believe the article oresome. The post was supposed to be a bit of lighthearted nonsense. Very silly of me.

Mr Mistoffelees 20:38 14 Mar 05

"I fear the earth will become populated by 500 year old uncontrollable, doolaaly human robots unaware of any external influence."

I work with many people like that, yet they are only a tiny fraction of that great age. What hope is there for them as they get old?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…