Helping the homeless

carver 17:35 12 May 14
Answered

This is about one man's attempt to help the homeless in America enter link description here just amazing what you can do with other peoples rubbish.

Forum Editor 17:49 12 May 14

It is amazing, and a classic illustration of altruism at work.

john bunyan 19:15 12 May 14
Answer

Similarly an old school friend is trying to bring free healthcare to the 50 million Americans with no insurance. See:

Stan Brock

He has written to Congres to try to get the USA to allow doctors registered in one state to be allowed to work for free in another (not allowed in most states)

spuds 13:25 13 May 14

Its surprising what some people can do with other peoples rubbish, and this is most probably more likely with those on the bottom rung of the ladders. Third world countries readily comes to mind!.

Years ago, there was the regular call of 'Rag and Bone', then that went very quiet, mainly I assume due to 'non-serviceable' goods. Yet around my neck of the woods, the scrap man and van seems to be getting rather popular, once again!.

When I saw the title, I thought that we might be in for a discussion about 'affordable housing',planning consents or unused property :O)

bumpkin 14:07 13 May 14

High prices for scrap metal at the moment especially non ferrous which makes it worth collecting (or stealing).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…