Help with me English please.

Kev.Ifty 22:14 13 Oct 08

What is wrong with following sentence? "Why, did you think yourself to look like Sharon Stone?"

A 'Young Lady' I was talking to today had been in an interview for a job and jokingly said she had crossed and uncrossed her legs and hadn't noticed the interviewers reacting the same way as the Cops in Basic Instinct.

It was all very tongue in cheek. (Don't ask me to elaborate further please.) Except to say, She insists that that sentence doesn't make sense.

I think it does!

You?

newman35 22:22 13 Oct 08

Your thread title was bad English, me for my!

After that I'm agreeing with your girlfriend, the sentence doesn't make sense - how can you "think yourself to look like.."??

Kev.Ifty 22:25 13 Oct 08

The title was deliberately wrong.

ashdav 22:26 13 Oct 08

I think the thread title was meant as a joke but I agree with you that the sentence is nonsense.

ashdav 22:27 13 Oct 08

Sorry'last post was meant for newman35

newman35 22:28 13 Oct 08

Move one small word in the order of the sentence and add an 'I' and it would make sense.

Kev.Ifty 22:33 13 Oct 08

How would you have put it? It still makes sense to me lol

:-)

Forum Editor 22:54 13 Oct 08

You can, however imagine yourself looking like someone, or you can imagine that you look like someone. You can even think that you look (or looked) like someone.

peter99co 22:56 13 Oct 08

Fair makes your head spin!

Kev.Ifty 23:15 13 Oct 08

Thank you that is the answer I am looking for. I could not quite get my head around the answer.

You have once again hit upon the head of the nail lol

Cheers Kev

dagbladet 07:23 14 Oct 08

Can I just point out that I am the sort of person who falls for cheap flirting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac