HELP!!

Si_L 18:07 05 Aug 07

How do I dry out a phone that has been dropped in tea? I have taken the battery out and the SIM card, and have slid the phone open and put it under a lamp.

The phone is a Samsung E900.

Thanks

knockin on 18:14 05 Aug 07

One lump or two?
A hairdrier might help, but be patient before trying it.

knockin on 18:16 05 Aug 07

I meant before trying out the phone - not trying the hair dryer.
Try to ensure it is fully dried out before switching on - it should be OK once it is fully dry

Si_L 18:19 05 Aug 07

Cheers I will give it a go.

Totally-braindead 18:20 05 Aug 07

If you can get the case off so much the better, if not put it somewhere it can dry out naturally say a linen closet that sort of thing, somewhere warm. Don't try to force it to dry using a hairdryer or anything else as the heat can make things worse. Be patient and cross your fingers.

Si_L 19:39 05 Aug 07

Although I am not in the mood to laugh, yes it was Typhoo. I have tried everything but it won't work :(

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:47 05 Aug 07

1) Pick up phone
2) call household contents insurer.
3) make claim.
4) 2 weeks max, new phone.

G

Pesala 21:23 05 Aug 07

You must be with T-Mobile.

Stuartli 21:32 05 Aug 07

Why your response to Bingalau about Typhoo?

There's no earlier Bingalau posting.

Si_L 22:34 05 Aug 07

The FE must have deleted it.

Chegs ®™ 02:36 06 Aug 07

Beware the hair dryer,I once spilled tea all over a keyboard...no problem says I,I'll just take it totally apart(keys and all) wash in bowl of warm water and dry with hair dryer before reassembly.The heat from the dryer melted lots of the keys so the keyboard was totally destroyed.Mobile phones are made of plastic too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced