Hello Hello what's going on here then?

peter99co 14:07 15 Sep 08

Police lose memory stick!

click here

cream. 15:42 15 Sep 08

to worry about.

It will probably be encoded:- tango, tango, sprite , cokes. 2 peperoni and a meat feast.

No one will be able to decipher that one.

peter99co 18:54 15 Sep 08

And now a hospital owns up to a loss.

click here

Quickbeam 18:59 15 Sep 08

is it as much of a risk as it's made out. If I found a memory stick, I would format it and use it...

Forum Editor 19:03 15 Sep 08

of the universe there's going to be a great swirling cloud of mislaid data CDs and memory sticks. It's probably a few light years away from the swirling cloud of odd socks, spanners, Stanley knives, and spectacles.

Memory sticks are too small, and too easily misplaced to be a secure way of storing sensitive data, and I advise all my corporate clients to avoid them like the plague for such purposes.

I lost one on an aircraft once, and to my utter astonishment it was found and handed in by a Singapore cabin cleaner. I retrieved it eight weeks later, and lost it again about a month ago. It's in that great swirling cloud by now, but I don't care - it contained nothing of a sensitive nature.

Forum Editor 19:07 15 Sep 08

admitted the discs were lost when they were put in the post by mistake in late July."

So, the real story is that it wasn't the Trust that lost the data, it was the Post Office.

peter99co 19:12 15 Sep 08

A Member of the hospital staff has been suspended so they believe it's their fault. They had used couriers except in this case. Bad luck for the hospital, bad judgement by the staff member.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…