The height of Stupidity ?

Terry Brown 02 Aug 12

My brother has gone on a cruise, and he is posting his photo's (look where I am),on Facebook. His address is readily accessable (along with a lot of other personal details) from this and other websites.

By advertising that the house is empty, I think he is asking for trouble.

What do you think?

Terry

Mr Mistoffelees 02 Aug 12

I think you are right.

Nontek 02 Aug 12

Have you warned your brother - what does he think?

wiz-king 02 Aug 12

Yup - unless his FB profile is set to family only.

Quickbeam 02 Aug 12

It shouldn't really be a problem as long as he doesn't mention which flower pot the keys get left under.

Al94 02 Aug 12

I have never seen anyone display their address on Facebook .As far as I am aware, the information shown goes no further than the hometown and county.

oresome 02 Aug 12

My wife and daughter were walking past some fine houses on the coast, complete with tennis courts etc, marvelling at their positioning and size.

Out comes a gentleman from one house and proceeds to pop the key under the flower pot!

It must be easy come easy go.

Aitchbee 02 Aug 12

I have 'inherited' a STERLING 'key-safe' (about the size of a block of butter)...the combination lock is set to [ 1:9:2:0 ]...can I change it to another combination.

wee eddie 02 Aug 12

I think that you are getting unnecessarily paranoiac.

Of course there is a risk but it is not nearly as large as forgetting to cancel the milk.

Unless your brother has contents worth £Millions, few thieves would spend the required amount of time researching such an operation. Of course, if he has a van Gough or Turner on the Sitting Room wall, it would be a different matter.

daz60 02 Aug 12

If someone on-line can make a connection then lets hope his insurance is in order.

In France ,Cantal region,whilst travelling there my sister in law pointed out markings on empty housing not a sign of plague, as in years gone by, but information to certain travellers that this property was empty and ripe for 'content removal'.

Nontek 02 Aug 12

for Aitchbee

Hope this helps!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

See 24 hours in London with Paul Richardson's hyperlapse tour

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message