Heat a small room for 8p a day

Al94 19:28 08 Nov 13
  Aitchbee 19:41 08 Nov 13

Thanks Al94 ... I'll give that a try, as I've got plenty of terracotta pots and tiles which will come-in-handy.

sunnypete 11:28 09 Nov 13

Aitchbee We shall be interested to have some result figures, particularly before and after temperature readings. I would venture to suggest that in a smallish room your own body would give as much, or more, heat than four tea lights?...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:00 09 Nov 13

Invite some friends round -put the kettle on - put the world to rights!

Surprising how much a room warms up wwith all that hot air being spouted (or is it just body warmth) ;0)

Mr Mistoffelees 14:58 09 Nov 13

Doesn't matter what you put on top of them, they are just four tiny flames with a tiny heat output, that the pots are not going to increase.

In the example in the video I suspect the heat output of the man, the PCs and the electric light will dwarf that of the four candles.

You would probably gain more extra heat swinging fork handles about your head for a few minutes.

bumpkin 15:19 09 Nov 13

" swinging fork handles about your head "

Well it made me laugh.

Aitchbee 18:49 09 Nov 13

The heat from one tea-light could be useful in warming the inside of an indoor greenhouse during the cold winter months ... the ambient temperature of my spare room [where the greenhouse will be, near the window] is typically 14C to 16C ... I hardly ever turn my heating on. For years I have used a permanently 'plugged-in' electrically-powered propagator to achieve a constant temperature of about 21C [inside the small greenhouse] ... the only thing I'm concerned about is the fire-risk involved with using unattended, lit, candles :o[

bumpkin 19:24 09 Nov 13

Too much buggering about anyway to save a few pennies and burn your house down.

bumpkin 19:26 09 Nov 13

A194, I wish you success in Dragons Den:-)

rdave13 19:44 09 Nov 13

Aitchbee, and that is the crux of the matter, fire risk.

Aitchbee 19:50 09 Nov 13

bumpkin; a small, portable, 'mythical', fire-breathin' dragon would be be a nice pet to have ... when it's baltic ;o)

[... come to think of it ... some women [I know] are just like that! ]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…