Healthy Keyboards in Hospital

Seth Haniel 15:32 02 Oct 08

To help combat the spread of infection, new wipeable keyboards have now been installed in most clinical areas. These should always be wiped down with alco wipes as soon as you have finished using them.

If you see a flashing light on the keyboard, this indicates that it should be wiped down immediately.

Forum Editor 16:43 02 Oct 08

being used in one London hospital (UCH) a couple of years ago. The keyboard was developed specially for that hospital, and was obviously such a good idea it was bound to spread to other NHS trusts.

spuds 12:04 03 Oct 08

I was reading in yesterdays papers about a new jab for combating MRSA, plus the same newspaper was also saying that some hospitals are saying that wedding rings harbour diseases, and one particular hospital as been sending out threatening letters of possible dismissal to the staff, who insist on not removing their wedding rings, especially the rings that have a serrated pattern.

Marko797 12:20 03 Oct 08

Sounds like a good idea.

In my local hosp, which I've unfortunately needed to go to recently, if u are being admitted then they issue u with a special body wash/shampoo which they stipulate u must use 2 days prior to submission.

It is claimed to reduce MRSA potential, but naturally this would be dependent upon the patient actually using it, as instructed. I wasn't 'checked' to see if I had used it on being admitted, although I had actualy done my bit and used the stuff.

The hospital in question has, apparently, one of the lowest levels of MRSA occurrence in the UK, so if this is to be believed, then it seems it is effective.

I don't know if this issuing of body wash/shampoo is standard practice however on a national level, but if not, maybe it should become 'the norm'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…