And He Was!!

gardener 18:17 11 Jul 10

What a perfect name for this man:

click here

zzzz999 18:40 11 Jul 10

Reminds me of that old Sunday night favourite 'That's Life' who had a wee series of finding appropriately named people for their job. In my opinion the winner was an Antiques Dealer named Robin B*stard

johndrew 18:42 11 Jul 10

Obviously the cheap bar (and it is very cheap) and the expenses are just too great for him to cope with. Sounds like a good case for a good kick up the backside.

How about no expenses and no pay for three months. Should act as an incentive for better behaviour.

morddwyd 19:38 11 Jul 10

Definitely been there, done that and got several T shirts!

bri-an 22:29 11 Jul 10

Wonder how many of the rest of us would still have jobs if we were drunk AT WORK??
Still, it's only in the 'House'!!

jack 10:55 12 Jul 10

diminutive Mr Speaker is trying instill a little discipline in the chamber - particularly at PMQs
[Though I consider this to be more a little bit of theatre than serious with individuals asking prepared questions and the PM reading from prepared responses]
One suggestion was Red and Yellow Card system.
I would go further - name taken in public and banning from the chamber and even fines for persistent offenders - Ya Boo politics- show our parliament up in a bad light I feel.

bri-an 11:19 12 Jul 10

"for me when being drunk was part of the job"

Remember that next time you're in a hospital or something and the surgeon's been having a 'session' as you so delightfully put it. Presumably your 'job' was of such little significance that being drunk didn't affect anyone! (;-)

ronalddonald 11:57 12 Jul 10

Sack him i would bloody irresponsible what s he teaching our children

ronalddonald 11:58 12 Jul 10

hes a barbaric alcholic

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:48 12 Jul 10

'hes a barbaric alcoholic'...as he felt that he could not vote I would say that he showed considerable restraint under the circumstances and therefore could not really be classed as 'barbaric'.

G

bri-an 14:42 12 Jul 10

"..he showed considerable restraint.."

I wonder if his constituents will see it that way?
And that was only HIS recount of events, remember. Maybe he was just incapable.

But, as I said earlier, it's only our legislature, so who's really bothered! It's the price we pay for supplying cheap alcohol in the Houses of Parliament.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now