Hazel Blears' Computer Stolen

crosstrainer 15:57 17 Jun 08

Yet another sensitive data loss. Seems these things are happening on an almost weekly basis.

click here?

Earthsea 16:07 17 Jun 08

I sometimes wonder if national security would be better handled by the Keystone Cops.

€dstowe 16:09 17 Jun 08

"The machine contained a combination of constituency and government information which should not have been held on it."

Hmmmm.........

rickf 16:26 17 Jun 08

This is beginning to look like a French Farce,as in theatre, except its happening for real in the UK

carver 16:26 17 Jun 08

Don't be silly, the Keystone Cops could never catch any one, allways arrived just that bit to late and made fools of them selfs.

Now the security we have are, wait a min, hang on I'm thinking.

NewestRoyWidd1 16:52 17 Jun 08

I'm not really one for conspiracy theories,but given the almost daily lapses in government security at present,could this be linked to the"dark forces at work"that the Queen spoke of during the Diana and Paul Burrell affair?
I realise that FE and others will no doubt disagree,but the thoughts of you all as to what is happening will be welcomed.

pj123 17:04 17 Jun 08

Or is it just a script for another series of:

Yes, Prime Minister.

peter99co 17:05 17 Jun 08

I would have thought that the information would have been on a removable drive and taken away in her personal case and not left on the PC where it could be stolen. Will they not take this subject seriously? At least she would have retained the info. The PC does not matter it can be replaced at the Taxpayers expense.

ened 17:05 17 Jun 08

All this is what is being admitted to.

It makes me wonder just how much is going wrong that is not made public!

lofty29 17:06 17 Jun 08

I suspect the pink panther, better put clueso on the case, aided by some plastic plods

ened 17:07 17 Jun 08

Perhaps they ought to hand the security over to the old boys from Walmington-on-Sea.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…