Have you ever had dealings with an Expert !!

spuds 12:25 30 Jun 08

Throughout the walks of life, we all have dealing at some time or another with various people who are regarded as experts or perhaps professionals.

I know from my own experiences, I have received assistance, were I have nearly cried, laughed or have been extremely grateful for the services rendered.

Over the past year, I have been following certain bankruptcy proceedings, and it appears that people like finance consultants and accountants, and people in a similar field are not immune of insolvency. You might think otherwise, especially with their training, and this can perhaps be said for other tradespeople.

This 'expert' situation can cover many fields, from the computer technician, medical consultant, lawyer, even to the newspaper deliverer and bin man.

Care to share any thoughts or experiences on this subject?.

Stuartli 12:37 30 Jun 08

Sorry, I'm not an expert in this field...:-)

peter99co 12:39 30 Jun 08

Some London taxi drivers are experts aren't they?

spuds 12:40 30 Jun 08

Stuartli-- How about journalism or computers then ;o))

spuds 12:43 30 Jun 08

peter99co-- I believe you need The Knowledge for that job, unless you are a mini-cab driver!.

mike40 12:47 30 Jun 08

On a lighter note.

The definition of an Expert is - an EX is a has been and a SPURT is a drip under pressure. No offence intended

Cymro. 12:49 30 Jun 08

I used to know a man who worked as a security officer at a local university. In his job he came to know all the professors who worked at that university.

He was convinced that outside of their subject they were absolutely hopeless at very much of anything. When their cars would not start, when they had lost their keys and needed to break in to their office, anything of a practical nature was way beond most of them.

I remember reading a biography of Bertrand Russell Nobel Prize winner and the writer said that Russell was one of the most intelligent men who ever lived but that he could not even make a pot of tea for himself.

Stuartli 12:54 30 Jun 08

Most journalists have to know a little about a lot, rather than a lot about a little.

peter99co 13:00 30 Jun 08

Jack of all trades. Master of none!

Stuartli 13:07 30 Jun 08

Off the mark also...:-)

It's knowing just who to contact - often in a very short time span available - for accurate information that's usually necessary.

By the way, anyone wanting to listen to "experts" only has to switch on their wireless in the evening and tune into to the local radio stations' phone-in programmes...:-)

You could say the same thing applies to many website forums.....

peter99co 13:12 30 Jun 08

"Our economy is a hundred times better, than the average African economy. Outside South Africa, what country is as good as Zimbabwe?...What is lacking now are goods on the shelves - that is all."

Mr Mugabe showing he is completely out of touch with reality.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac