Have we lost some Forums?

johndrew 14:10 06 Sep 11
Answered

I usually use the list of Forums at the bottom of the page to jump between them and note that the list has changed. Suddenly we have 'Tech help' instead of 'Helproom', 'Absolute Beginners' and 'Speaker Corner' have disappeared completely and in fact the overall list has reduced from 13 to 9 - the drop down list at the top is still the same I'm pleased to note.

Is there to be another 'upgrade' of the page or is this another 'aberration' of some sort? Anyone any idea?

birdface 14:29 06 Sep 11

Nope helproom still on mine using IE9 and I don't get anything using Firefox.

birdface 14:31 06 Sep 11

I Still get 13 on mine.

everything as normal.

I take it you mean in the dropdown box.

lotvic 14:39 06 Sep 11

johndrew Yes you are right it has altered at the bottom of page. I usually use those links too. Now there are only 9 listed under the title of 'Tech Forums'.

birdface 14:53 06 Sep 11

Not sure if you meen this.

Check out our dedicated tech topic forums:

It has a drop down box underneath that gives you all of the Forums.

That's all I get.

lotvic 15:02 06 Sep 11

buteman, no, we mean at the very bottom of this page, where it is dark grey/black with white text. I press 'End' on my keyboard to get to it quickly. The Forums dropdown box at the top of this page jumps about too much for me.

Crosstrainer2 15:05 06 Sep 11

Yes that list has changed, no Speakers corner? Strange, I'm posting to it.

The drop down list is unchanged, more tinkering? Or a major change? Hope not :))

birdface 15:31 06 Sep 11

Ok it took a while but found what you were on about.

To tell the truth I have never even looked in that large box as I find it a bit of an eyesore.

[The Forums dropdown box at the top of this page]

I get it near the bottom of the page just under all of the threads and above the Post box.

Crosstrainer2 15:33 06 Sep 11

Same here, I never use it, I use bookmarks on my iPad, don't do much help room these days, so here and mobile world are usuall calling spots

morddwyd 08:57 07 Sep 11

Have PCA got a deathwish or something?

Having finally got the forums back into a reasonably usable state, they now make it so difficult to switch between forums that it's simply not worth the effort.

That bit of it wasn't broke so why fix it?

I'm afraid anyone wanting a bit of my experience (such as it is!) in the Helproom, Consumerwatch or Beginners is now out of luck.

Woolwell 10:51 07 Sep 11

morddwyd. It is only the list at the bottom of the page that has changed. It is normally off my screen anyway and therefore I don't use it. The more accessible drop down list under the heading Forums is unchanged.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…