Have the police opened a door?

ened 06:38 17 Oct 09

click here

He has been advised by the police that if someone has an accident he could be sued for causing a distraction.

Surely, if he was, then every camera in the country is a potential lawsuit?

morddwyd 07:56 17 Oct 09

If someone can be charged because a dummy camera is a distraction then surely the same rule must apply to real cameras?

Also to pretty girls in short skirts, bizarre clothing, posters/hoardings advertising ladies underwear etc. (or what ever else rocks your boat)

I can remember once being quite startled by a sudden roar as I drove through a strange town. Turns out the local team, whose stadium I was driving past, had just scored.

Had I crashed would there have been a prosecution?

DANZIG 08:34 17 Oct 09

Try driving through Bradford! If you're stuck at the lights going down Manchester road into the city centre next to one of the bus-stops in the central lane you occasionally get a metallic voice shouting "CAUTION!! Bus approaching!!".

Scared the hell out of me the first time it happened to me!

Kevscar1 16:05 17 Oct 09

But Officer I was distracted when the camera flashed at me causing me to swerve and knock it down. Can I have compensation please.

Forum Editor 18:40 17 Oct 09

is that you aren't distracted by everyday items like speed cameras.

Some things are definitely distracting - I was driving home through Highgate in North London in the early hours about a year ago. The road was deserted, and I was cruising along when quite suddenly a stark naked young woman ran across the road about a dozen yards in front of me.

Naturally I stopped to check that she was OK, and I saw her hiding behind a bush in the garden. I called out, asking if she was all right. 'Yes' she said 'Boyfriend trouble, I'll be fine thanks'.

I drove home wondering what the human story behind it all was. I told my wife in the morning, and she said 'vivid dream - your mind made it all up and you think it was real'.

It was real.

spikeychris 18:55 17 Oct 09

Course it was Mr J - course it was!

spikeychris 18:58 17 Oct 09

Mr 'T'

Forum Editor 23:52 17 Oct 09

I asked for that.

zzzz999 07:09 18 Oct 09

This thread is useless without pictures

Chegs ®™ 08:56 18 Oct 09

I recall driving a group of women back from a hen night in blackpool with them flashing their anatomy to truckers/van drivers & practically anyone that was able to see.I also had 3 young ladies strip off on a taxi journey & throw a £10 in my direction before leaping out the taxi & legging it off into an alley.Women in drink can behave in some very mysterious ways. :)

BT 09:01 18 Oct 09

Brings to mind back in the day when 'Streaking' was popular, we were driving across London Bridge at about midnight and came across a naked bloke jogging casually along the footpath, wearing only a Top Hat!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…