Have I missed the point?

SG Atlantis® 20:33 16 Apr 06

Geograph website...

I submitted a aerial picture of the area in which I live... The photo was taken from a different location, but all it shows is the estate I live in.

I checked the maps and confirmed the grid reference against our postcodes. Yet I have recieved comments that it should be placed in the grid from which the photo was taken.

Surely it should be placed in the grid that is the subject matter regardless of where it was taken from?

dagbladet 21:01 16 Apr 06

What's the point of placing it where it was taken. I could stand on my garage roof and take a picture of Canary Wharf, which is 18 Miles away!

SG Atlantis® 21:25 16 Apr 06

Will to me, if I clicked to see to your garage I'd want to see your garage, not a pic of canary wharf. If I click to see canary wharf then the pic you took on your garage is relevant.

No?

watchful 21:37 16 Apr 06

Yes.

SG Atlantis® 21:47 16 Apr 06

Thank you!

Anyway, it's been finally moderated - It'll stay in the grid that I placed it. I just need another pic up close this time to fulfill the geograph criteria and get a point for it.

Will do it tomorrow and hope no one claims it first...

Thanks to Kev.Ifty for letting us know about this site click here on another thread click here . My fiancee and I have had fun exploring it for hours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…