Have the Americans taken over PC Advisor?

Onizuka 15:15 16 Jan 09

PCA NEWS
MoD computers hit by deadly virus
Systems shut down to avoid infection
Jeremy Kirk
Ministry of Defense (MoD) computers have been hit by a severe virus that affects email and internet access.

I thought PC Advisor was a British publication.

GANDALF <|:-)> 16:01 16 Jan 09

I thought MOD was British/ho hum

G

Onizuka 16:13 16 Jan 09

Exactly my point. Why is PCA showing it as "Ministry of Defense" rather than "Ministry of Defence"?

MAT ALAN 16:23 16 Jan 09

OH!!! that will be one of them there spelling mistakes then...

Forum Editor 16:40 16 Jan 09

is one letter in a word, and whether it's a 'c' or an 's' I envy you.

It certainly isn't something that warrants a thread of its own in a web forum, is it?

Managing ed 16:44 16 Jan 09

Rest assured the appropriate person has been flogged on horseguard's parade.

nangadef 16:44 16 Jan 09

FE it's on a par with other trivia you let be discussed without such comments innit.

Managing ed 16:47 16 Jan 09

Horseguards Parade.

Colin 16:50 16 Jan 09

"If all you have to worry about is one letter in a word, and whether it's a 'c' or an 's' I envy you." What an immature comment. I'm sure he's got other things to worry about but his point is valid.

However, it does relate to a comment about America which the FE won't stand for!

If the subject doesn't warrant a thread of its own, then don't respond and it will then just disappear down the list into oblivion.

simonjary 16:57 16 Jan 09

All sorted now and apologies for lapse into American spelling given. (Jeremy is American but based in our London office. We'll make him eat fish and chips for a week.)

Simon
Publisher, PC Advisor

Al94 17:11 16 Jan 09

Actually, Managing ed, it should be Horse Guards Parade. I agree it's a pity about the tetchy response (again)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…