Hatton Garden pensioner's plan , perhaps?

spider9 06:02 21 May 15
Answered

Hatton Garden

The ages of the alleged robbers seemed rather strange to me, but, as nobody seemed to get physically hurt in the incident, was their age anything to do with that?

john bunyan 08:30 21 May 15

Looks like they were the "Rolling Stones" of such heists. Criminals, yes, but a brilliantly planned operation. As said by govanx Michael will be cast in the film of it in due course.

spider9 10:37 21 May 15

Must say it gives us 'oldies' a bit of a self-esteem boost (apart from the minor hitch of getting caught, allegedly!!).

If they are the ones, it looks like they may never get the benefits of book/film rights, however.

I like the idea of a 'Mr Big' sitting in some nursing home somewhere, plotting!! (Stroking a cat on his knee, perhaps?).

QuizMan 10:57 21 May 15

I like the idea of a 'Mr Big' sitting in some nursing home somewhere, plotting!! (Stroking a cat on his knee, perhaps?). Sounds like Mr. Bridger (Noel Coward) in the Italian Job.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:13 21 May 15

Got to do something when your retired :0)

If they get away with it then enogh money for the rest of their lives.

If they don't they still get free board and lodging plus three meals a day, more than some pensioners are getting.

bumpkin 13:01 21 May 15

I read about this with interest, not only because of their ages but also other factors like what sort of equipment do you need to drill a hole big enough to get through in a 20" thick concrete wall. It was described as a heavy duty drill, well I would not like to abseil down a lift shaft with it. Why no false number plate on the van or are they too old for minor traffic offences:-)

namtas 13:23 21 May 15

Apparently they used a Hilti DD350 with a diamond core bit, it was left at the scene with the serial no scratched out

bumpkin 13:49 21 May 15

Does not look man enough to me but it obviously was, nice bit of publicity for Hilti and aptly called a diamond drill:-)

spider9 18:58 21 May 15
Answer

Strange, isn't it, that if these men are eventually found guilty they'll probably get long jail sentences - yet the men who robbed people of infinitely more in the latest 'currency market fix' will have a worst-case scenario of being sacked (and moving abroad, possibly to live their retirement in luxury) - no jail time for them!

It certainly pays to be 'up there where the money is' - far more protection than these elderly blaggers will get!! Watch how quick a benefit fraudster gets jailed for relatively minor cash amounts, while 'city men' get away with millions of our money.

Why can we not be a bit more like Iceland and jail bankers found guilty?

Currency fixing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…