Has multiculturalism failed?

Cymro. 13:11 05 Feb 11

click here
This should keep us busy on what is around here anyway a very wet and miserable afternoon. I just hope it does not turn in to another racist rant.

Strawballs 16:33 05 Feb 11

The scarey thing is I actually find myself agreeing with the Prime Minister on this one entirely.

sunnystaines 16:40 05 Feb 11

same here

uk-wizard 17:10 05 Feb 11

Over the years there have been many people who have emigrated to these shores, some in large numbers and they have managed to fit in and still keep parts of their own culture. The English, Welsh, Scots and Irish all retain their own customs but agree on a language (almost). British should be a 'mixed' culture - like the English language - not a multi-culture.

Aitchbee 08:17 06 Feb 11

Blue Mink's debut single of 1969, a plea for multi-racial harmony always come to mind when this subject is in the news..."ah it's only a dream you know..."

Quickbeam 08:27 06 Feb 11

I also agree with the PM. Excuse me while I don my knight's mantle and embrace my nationalistic fervour...

morddwyd 08:49 06 Feb 11

"I also agree with the PM. Excuse me while I don my ............." sackcloth and ashes!

Quickbeam 09:04 06 Feb 11

Don't forget your hair shirt!

Aitchbee 09:15 06 Feb 11

...Uniculturism is the way forward. Looked up word in big dictionary - but could not find it!

Aitchbee 09:27 06 Feb 11

Is this what Mr. Cameron wants?

Bingalau 09:52 06 Feb 11

The Chinese seem to fit in fine, no problems mixing with any race. Inter-marriage doesn't seem to be a problem either. I wonder why?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…