This has got absolutely nothing to do with compute

pj123 16:31 16 Dec 04

s

But I thought it might be good for a laugh.

My partner was expecting a package addressed to her. We got a card through the door from the Post Office saying they couldn't deliver it because no one was in.

OK. The card has a sig box. "Please sign here if someone is collecting it for you."

She signed it. I went to collect it. They asked me for some identity. I showed them an ID card of mine which was accepted. So my ID was accepted and they gave me someone else's package???

oresome 17:52 16 Dec 04

You had to jump through more hoops than I did today. I took the card, duly signed, but wasn't asked for any identification. Just given the parcel and I left.

Totally-braindead 17:55 16 Dec 04

I think the idea is you have the card, therefore they get a signature and that covers them. After all if you were stealing the package you would have first had to break in to the house to get the card. Or am I missing the point you're trying to make?

pj123 18:15 16 Dec 04

Totally-braindead, no I don't think you are missing the point. If I live in a house occupied by many students I can pick up anybodies mail that comes through the letterbox. If it is this Non delivery card with a signature box I can sign any name I like (how do they know) and get the parcel/package.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…