Has 'computer rage' affected you yet?

TOPCAT® 20:08 14 Nov 04

When to get your back up for not backing up? TC.

click here

Bandy 20:33 14 Nov 04

Computer rage affects me about once a fornight - when my daughter in London loses her temper with her machine,

It usually takes one of two forms, either I spend a couple of hours talking her husband through the repair process, or alternatively involves a 200 mile round trip to do the job myself.

I normally find that my senility holds off my own rage although I'm told that within a few years I may find other symptoms taking control

VoG II 20:50 14 Nov 04

I thought that the HDD in freezer "trick" worked (sometimes). Have I been misled?

CurlyWhirly 20:58 14 Nov 04

I thought that the HDD in freezer "trick" worked (sometimes). Have I been misled?

I have heard this 'story' as well.
False info perhaps?

VoG II 21:00 14 Nov 04
  stalion 21:04 14 Nov 04

had a look at your anger page but could not see 14lb hammer ;0))

Mr Mistoffelees 21:15 14 Nov 04

When Elvis's car, a De Tomaso Pantera, would not start, he shot it. I don't know anyone who has shot a computer for not booting.....Yet!!!!

josie mayhem 21:21 14 Nov 04

That why I don't own a cat?

Forum Editor 01:10 15 Nov 04

why some people relieve their stress in this way - I admit I've been close a few times myself.

On one never-to-be-forgotten occasion I was working in a client's server room when I happened to glance up and see, through the glass wall, a woman - her face distorted with rage - push her monitor off her desk. It hit the floor with a crash, and when colleagues rushed over to help pick it up I could see that she was pretending it had been an accident. I kept her secret, and I never discovered what had made her do it, but it was a salutory lesson in the power of computer rage.

Nellie2 08:23 15 Nov 04

I have been the victim of lost data before now... so keep regular backups of my important stuff. It is surprising how unimportant something going wrong is when you know you have backups.

Having said all that, my computer only does what I tell it to, so if it won't or can't do something then the fault lies with me and not with it. So I take a deep breath... walk away... come back and try again. :)

Sir Radfordin 10:45 15 Nov 04

I've 'saved' a drive by putting it in the fridge for 30 minutes before. The IDE controller was overheating and this solved the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…