Has anyone else noticed that if

Bingalau 21:41 06 Nov 07

you are on page two of a thread in this forum, typing away merrily to add your bit of nonsense to it. Then you decide to go back to the first page to check what someone else has written, you lose the text you have typed out?

anskyber 21:49 06 Nov 07

Yep, but if you go forward again your text is there.

If in doubt open a new tab to view other parts of the thread or a different thread.

ray7 21:54 06 Nov 07

Tried it and you're right. Just remember the old saying...'Never look back'

Bingalau 22:06 06 Nov 07

anskyber. I will have to remember that for next time because I just typed it a second time. I think age has something to do with it. I'm just waiting to hear Brumas's comments now, I guess he will rip me to shreds as usual.

Brumas 22:12 06 Nov 07

In my eyes you can do no wrong ;o))

"Experience and Old Age Beats Youth and Vigour"

WhiteTruckMan 23:05 06 Nov 07

of right clicking the little blue (previous) page number and opening it in a new tab.

WTM

Forum Editor 23:14 06 Nov 07

by using three screens, so I can open three different pages of the same thread if I want to.

WhiteTruckMan's method is a good one, provided you're using a tabbed browser.

rodriguez 23:19 06 Nov 07

If I need to navigate away from the page I copy the post to the clipboard and paste it in Notepad - that way, I can still load it back in if the box goes blank.

mrwoowoo 23:37 06 Nov 07

I,m worse than that.I tend to add a comment and fail to realize there are now two pages to the thread.I end up posting the same thing three times,and wondering why it's not going on. Must annoy the FE no end i should imagine,who has to delete them.
I think i might have finally got it now though.

Chegs ®™ 23:53 06 Nov 07

I too "cheat" I use Avant as it allows me to use the middle mouse button to open further pages behind the one I'm viewing.I started doing this awhile back as Avant also has an auto-refresh facility & I was always typing several words to reply to a thread when the dam page would refresh.

Forum Editor 23:57 06 Nov 07

"Must annoy the FE no end i should imagine"

Not at all, it gives me something to do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…