Has anyone called BT about account name change.

So Afraid 17:23 28 Oct 14

Before making contact myself so i can get a heads up. The BT phone account holder has passed away with 3 months left on a 12 month advanced line rental package. If i phone up and ask them to add my name to the account, will the 3 months be cancelled and a new 12 month contract apply for me. If i say i want to move to another provider, will they close the account there and then, if so what happens to the line?, do i get time to switch my line or will it cease very quickly?

Even though the account was not in my name i have been the bill payer for years.

wee eddie 17:47 28 Oct 14

Why not wait a couple of months, or maybe 11 weeks, then it will not matter

beeuuem 18:01 28 Oct 14

Sorry to hear of your bereavement.

This may assist in solving the phone problemclick here

So Afraid 20:03 28 Oct 14

Thanks for the reply`s.

I may think of leaving it as wee eddie says until closer to the contract ends.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:20 28 Oct 14

A simple phone call to BT (number at top of the bill) will change it into your name. You can decide nearer the contract date wether to change or not

I did this for all the utility bills / insurances etc. for my mother on the death of my father a couple of months ago. All they need is account numbers and holders name they make it very easy at this hard time.

So Afraid 19:51 29 Oct 14

Fruit Bat /\O/\

Thanks, i was just unsure if BT would insist on a new 12 month contract as soon as they are informed, and would not let the original contract run its course after putting my name on the account.

That is why i asked if anyone had done this with BT and what was the outcome, i did not want to just phone up and then be asked to make a decision during that phone call, without being given time to think the options over they may give.

Aitchbee 18:29 31 Oct 14

I've been gettin' sent BT phonebills for about the past 16 years, with my Dad's initial on it - but have decided to keep it as is, for old-times-sake ;o]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…