Harrods. Is it true?

Bingalau 14:00 22 May 07

Is it true that The well known store Harrods, will not allow service people in uniform to enter the store?

Kate B 14:05 22 May 07

You could always ring them and ask them!

i think they're a bit more relaxed of late, i have twice been turned away, but it was in the late 80's early 90's.
and didnt they turn jason donovan away about that time because of ripped jeans?
cant help on the uniform thing though im afraid.

and you gotta watch the mars bars
click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:20 22 May 07

Apparently on remembrance day...........click here

MrNerdy 14:41 22 May 07

Nothing to do with the owner still having the hump with The Royal Family is it?

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:53 22 May 07

His store, he makes the rules.

G

Kate B 15:23 22 May 07

And full of tourists and tat. Horrible shop.

as much as i disagree with it in principle, i can imagine some people may not enter a store in London if they saw a soldier in uniform perhaps?

g0slp 15:25 22 May 07

And don't forget the 'beggars' hanging around outside... :-((

I avoid it if I'm in London.

Bingalau 16:32 22 May 07

Well I am surprised that it is allowed to continue. Maybe if all service people and anyone who has a service person in their family boycotted the place, they might change their mind. What would happen if the Queen decided to trot along there in one of her uniforms. Or Prince Phillip? Would they be turned away too? I think Phil should give it a try and see what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…