Hard cheese for the Mouse...

Seth Haniel 10:30 17 Jul 08

click here

It's nearly 40 years old but one leading research company says the days of the computer mouse are numbered.

A Gartner analyst predicts the demise of the computer mouse in the next three to five years.

johndrew 10:51 17 Jul 08

But will pulling faces, speaking and poking a finger at the screen be as functional?

interzone55 11:00 17 Jul 08

Every couple of years someone decides the keyboard & mouse have had it, and each time the alternative is nowhere near as intuitive as either device.

Anyone remember Speech Recognition like IBM ViaVoice where you issue commands to your computer, what a waste of time that was...

rossgolf 11:14 17 Jul 08

"But will pulling faces, speaking and poking a finger at the screen be as functional?"

dont we do that anyway when some thing goes wrong?

Quickbeam 11:37 17 Jul 08

"dont we do that anyway when some thing goes wrong?"
I just hurl mine out of the window...

GRIDD 11:42 17 Jul 08

The mouse (& keyboard) will not go away.... as for laptops just about anyone I know with a laptop also uses a mouse with it.

last starfighter 12:00 17 Jul 08

"Taking over will be so called gestural computer mechanisms like touch screens and facial recognition devices" & what price would they be..?
£1500..??

Mouses are good cause there cheap & do the job whereas touch screens & gestural computer mechanisms will be expensive so for the time been i belive the mouses day's aint over just yet...

Mr Mistoffelees 12:03 17 Jul 08

Reports of my death have been greatly exagerated. Mr mouse.

Bingalau 12:13 17 Jul 08

What's the plural for mouse? I know it is really mice but in Tom and Gerry cartoons it seems to be meeces, as in "I hate you meeces to pieces".

In Scotland they sing "There's a moose loose aboot this hoose", so up there they must be mooses.

Quickbeam 12:19 17 Jul 08

It's definitely 'meeces' as in 'pieces' despite the inadequate spell checker...

p.s. It was Mr Jinx the cat in Pixie & Dixie that said that click here

Quickbeam 12:25 17 Jul 08

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5