Happy St. George`s Day

anchor 12:40 21 Apr 05

This Saturday, (April 23rd), is St. George`s day. To English men and women everywhere, I wish a happy day with this unashamedly patriotic web page. Have your sound on to hear Sir Edward Elgar`s stirring music.

click here

BH34 13:28 21 Apr 05

Good one i'm with you there.

g0slp 13:45 21 Apr 05

EXCELLENT link.

I shall play it again as I break out the Flag of St. George at the top of my flagpole (well, aerial mast!) on Saturday morning.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:55 21 Apr 05

St. who?

G

anchor 15:31 21 Apr 05

Information:

click here

bosmere 16:15 21 Apr 05

I like the Churchill quote - nothings changed then :-(

anchor 16:29 21 Apr 05

The Irish celebrate St. Patrick`s day all over the world without fear of offending persons of other ethnic backgrounds. In fact, the Mayor of London helped organise a grand parade this year to mark the event.

That`s fine; as my wife is Irish I celebrated too. What`s wrong with the English doing the same thing?.

Our St. George`s flag will be flying proudly on Saturday.

SANTOS7 16:40 21 Apr 05

click here
BUT was he English?

Pooke100 16:48 21 Apr 05

The person does not matter, it's the "icon" and the message behind, what the day stands for.

It's about generating goodwill towards your countrymen and uniting them behind the idealogy that is St.George.

bosmere 16:52 21 Apr 05

SANTOS7 does he have to be? According to click here St.Patrick was either Scottish or English!

igk I seem to recall that the flying of the flag was banned for the same reason during the World or European cup.

anchor 16:55 21 Apr 05

No; St George was not English, and St. Patrick was not Irish. What does it matter?; its what they stand for that does.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…