Happy New Year

computerboy 10:47 12 Sep 07

Wishing all Jews Shana Tova ( Happy New Year)

Cymro. 11:24 12 Sep 07

How do Jews celebrate New Year then.

Meshuga 15:18 12 Sep 07

And the same to you computerboy.

Forum Editor 17:10 12 Sep 07

Read for yourself:

click here

Suffice it to say they don't all get legless, go to Trafalgar square and cause trouble, and spend the next day with a massive hangover, as do so many non-jewish people on 31st December.

Cymro. 17:20 12 Sep 07

Thanks for the info. Who knows I may get an invite some day. Hardly sounds a bundle of laughs though. Still as you say "no hangover next day". The food would be interesting.

computerboy 17:33 12 Sep 07

believe me after loads of apple and honey you feel fab, only 10 days until a 24 hour fast Yom Kippur click here

Earthsea 18:59 12 Sep 07

A sheynem dank, happy Rosh Hashana to all.

Legolas 19:46 12 Sep 07

Ethiopia is only celebrating the new millenium today as their calendar is 7 plus years behind, so to all the Ethiopians out there Happy New Millennium

Riojaa 20:06 12 Sep 07

If it all gets too much for you or gets out of hand then you guys could always sneak out into the succah.

That's if you can get it finished on time.

Quickbeam 01:46 13 Sep 07

It's to be hoped if they ever move to our calendar, they won't think seven years of their lives have been lost as we did in the middle ages when a few months were dropped!

jack 09:15 13 Sep 07

My daughter teaches in a truly 'multi' Junior school
in NW London.
Here they celebrate every religious festival
How they get any work done is a mystery.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…