Handneld Comouters?

morddwyd 08:11 13 Sep 13

With the announcement of 64 bit technology by Apple and Samsung are we getting closer to genuine "handheld" computers?

I'm talking about something no bigger than, say, the Galaxy Note, but with the performance of a current high end business laptop.

michaelw 08:25 13 Sep 13

Dyslexia rules ko.

Mr Mistoffelees 09:28 13 Sep 13

Until app makers write apps able to fully exploit the benefits of 64bit, as programmers have not done for PCs, with few exceptions, I think it will make little difference.

Quickbeam 09:44 13 Sep 13

"...no bigger than, say, the Galaxy Note, but with the performance of a current high end business laptop."

Can you have the performance of a high end laptop without a 15" screen to do visual justice?

morddwyd 10:02 13 Sep 13

Well, you can have a laptop as a desktop replacement, so why not a handheld as a laptop replacement?

Quickbeam 11:41 13 Sep 13
  Quickbeam 11:44 13 Sep 13
  Woolwell 13:17 13 Sep 13

I suspect that screen size will become a limiting factor. I usually use a 22" monitor but for the past fortnight I have been limited to a 11" screen or an iPad. There is no way that I would want to do video editing or photo editing on the small size screens. A high end laptop generally has at least a 15" screen.

Aitchbee 15:02 13 Sep 13

Just a bit of fun, morddwyd.

click here

Mr Mistoffelees 15:16 13 Sep 13

Quickbeam, don't you mean Mr Magoo?

morddwyd 19:49 13 Sep 13

"There is no way that I would want to do video editing or photo editing on the small size screens. "

Different usage, I think. I wouldn't even think of doing that on a 17" laptop, but would always use something with a decent size monitor.

I was thinking more of business use, say traveling or meetings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…