Had an email about a BBC news story yet?

Forum Editor 08:35 01 Apr 06

If you receive an email with a link to a BBC page you might want to take a look at this BEFORE you click on the link:-

click here

Haol 09:20 01 Apr 06

I have yet to recieve an email from the BBC, manybe becuase I don't give it out in public forums and the such.

Sapins 09:22 01 Apr 06

Thanks FE.

Haol, As I understand it the e-mail doesn't come from the BBC it just has a link to their site.

Forum Editor 09:51 01 Apr 06

As Sapins says - the email isn't from the BBC. Take a look at my link.

Haol 10:21 01 Apr 06

Aye I know it doesn't come from the BBC but I was just saying that these malicious people collect the email addresses by trialing forums and sites.

ayrmail 18:43 01 Apr 06

If you click on the link and you have a firewall etc. will the software still load?

Forum Editor 19:33 01 Apr 06

The malicious software exploits a fault in Internet Explorer, and the answer's probably 'yes'. Best not to put it to the test, anyway.

Haol 19:40 01 Apr 06

I prefer to use Opera myself. I suggest people use it too click here

VoG II 19:42 01 Apr 06

I had seen this FE but well worth the heads up.

Simsy 09:47 02 Apr 06

recently click here which doesn't ring true. either!

Regards,

Simsy

jz 09:55 02 Apr 06

Presumably someone could put such a malicious link on this forum. I tend to trust links on this forum, but maybe I shouldn't?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…