Hacker loses extradition appeal

Seth Haniel 10:53 30 Jul 08

click here

Gary McKinnon could face a long prison sentence
A Briton accused of hacking into top secret military computers has lost a Law Lords appeal against being extradited to stand trial in the US.

jakimo 12:01 30 Jul 08

Its only right that he should extradited,but rather than lock him up and let his talents go to waste the US should offer him a job.

GRIDD 12:09 30 Jul 08

Job? It ain't the movies, where the feds will come looking for him to help crack a big case.

He should either be jailed for the laws he broke or locked up for believing in UFOs.

Seth Haniel 12:45 30 Jul 08

"locked up for believing in UFOs"
then 80% of the US population will need locking up too ;(

Pine Man 12:59 30 Jul 08

Just heard the discussion on Jeremy Vine show and it is surprising how many people think it was ok for this nerd to hack into computers. I suppose they also think that virus making and spamming are just harmless past times as well - clearly his supporters don't have computers - or brains!

Al94 13:07 30 Jul 08

Cleary a misguided talent - doesnt' justify his actions but the fact that he was able to do it must seriously worry the US authorities. I suspect they will "go to town" on him as an example.

jakimo 13:08 30 Jul 08

cant find the reference to it,but a hacker was offered a job by a banking organisation in the us a few years age..You want to get up to speed

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:11 30 Jul 08

personally I would be banging up the half-wits that allowed him to enter the systems in the first place. I would also offer him a job as he is obviously a bit more aware than the people that set up the systems.

G

jakimo 13:24 30 Jul 08

Have a look here...click here

and further your education

GRIDD 13:58 30 Jul 08

I want to get upto speed and further my education.... WHATEVER.

He should be punished and after he's served his time, then obtain a job.

Demonstrating your skills by breaking the law only deserves one thing.... punishment by fines and jail time, not a lucrative job.

Bingalau 14:06 30 Jul 08

Funny how all the German scientists got lucrative jobs in the rocket building industry after WW2. without their expertise, man would have been a lot slower getting to the moon. Who knows we may still not have been blessed with Sat Nav??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…