Hacker leaks Harry Potter plot

rodriguez 12:18 21 Jun 07

click here - this could be quite costly.

rodriguez 12:19 21 Jun 07

Also, I should have pointed out the link doesn't contain any "leaked" material, it's just a Telegraph article, so it's safe to click.

DrScott 12:41 21 Jun 07

about each and every one of those books was the full stop at the end. The hysteria surrounding them never ceases to amaze me.

rodriguez 12:57 21 Jun 07

I must admit I've never read any of the books - watched the first 2 films but that's about it. The publisher still warns that the leaked content could be false, but if anyone who's a fan sees it, it could ruin the whole thing. I did look on the website where it was supposedly posted, but I couldn't find anything to do with it so it may have been taken down.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:25 21 Jun 07

Is it only me that can see that this is an obvious publicity stunt. 10/10 Ms Rowling.

G

interzone55 13:59 21 Jun 07

This happened before the launch of the last couple of books as well.

The supposedly leaked details were nothing like the actual books.

Do you really think the publisher would have any computers holding this book connected to the net?
This book, and indeed any other major book, is far too valuable to risk it leaking out. Which makes me think that most companies priorities are majorly out of whack, they'll protect an investment like this book with their lives, but they allow laptops with employee details to go walkies on a regular basis. (btw, I'm not implying that Bloomsbury / Scolastic have lost employee data, just using HP7 as an example of a prized asset)

laurie53 20:42 21 Jun 07

"Is it only me that can see that this is an obvious publicity stunt. 10/10 Ms Rowling."

I would have thought the one thing this lady did not need was publicity!

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:37 22 Jun 07

'I would have thought the one thing this lady did not need was publicity!'..you sadly have misunderstood the power of advertising.

G

Kev.Ifty 00:54 22 Jun 07

It is still there. Whether you choose to believe it though.......

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now