Guard your card this Xmas.....

PaulB2005 10:03 08 Nov 05

... and all year round in fact.

click here

"Credit card fraud via the internet, phone and mail order has leapt 29% over the past year, the Association of Payment Clearing Services (Apacs) says. "

"It seems chip and pin is helping in the fight against some types of card fraud in the UK. "

"Instead, what we are seeing are gangs taking note of card details and then using them to shop online."

PaulB2005 10:04 08 Nov 05

I'll be hiding mine from the wife too...

Chegs ® 10:47 08 Nov 05

I aint got any flexible friends.

wiz-king 13:39 08 Nov 05

So careful that when I got my new card I used it once to make sure it was working then shredded the card through our industrial shredder at work. About a week later I could not find my new card but I found the old one in my wallet... Doh can I have another new card please!!!!
The man at the bank laughed when I said what I had done, said it was a good way of not spending money.

TOPCAT® 14:38 08 Nov 05

her card but he, being the main cardholder, never reported the fact to the card company. It continued to be used for some time until the card company picked up on it and then spoke with the husband.

When asked why he hadn't reported its loss, he replied that the user was spending far less on it than his wife usually did, so he was finacially better off to keep it lost! :o)) TC.

pj123 16:48 08 Nov 05

TOPCAT®, the old ones are the best ones.

i.tech 19:30 08 Nov 05

What about the guy on the card fraud adverts (I think it was for capital one) I heard he got fired after having his own identity stolen!!

Noldi 20:05 08 Nov 05

Used my card twice this year once for PayPal and once to book a flight. 2000 quid and changed all my personal details etc. lucky the card company took the hit.
Hopefully when the fraud investigation is finished they may tell me how it happened.
Noldi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…