Grey clouds and silver linings.

jack 09:02 18 Mar 06

This is not a help message in the wrong forum - but a comment on of the things that happen.

Earlier this week I had a Com's outage, I lost my connection- all due it seems to using a particular disc clean up utility[Advanced Windows Care- any one else used it?]
Whilst struggling get it all back two other utilities came up that I did not know were on board- how did they get there?[Pinnacle driver restore and Disk Image.] Right sez me ,Pinnacle could help-here, no it didn't it proceeded to remove drivers - and made things worse-
Any way when it got back together- I discovered that certain other programs behaved differently- and not at all in a bad way- but offering features that I liked, that I did not know were there.
Here is an example
A current project is to make a slide movie.
It entails scanning 200 plus 35mm slides and doing the business.
Up to now when I scan in the Epson 2400 Photo,via PSP9 it scans the 4 slide holder as a minuscule strip that then has to be cropped and saved 4 times to give 4 slides.
Yesterday when I started after the recovery of the Com's, the program went another way that I had not discovered even knew about. It produced a preview of 4 full sized 35mm images and then on the scan did automaticaly 4 scans delivering four individual images.
Now how about that, and are there more surprises in store.

spuds 12:48 18 Mar 06

Just installed Advanced Windows Care. Had one crash, but thought this was due to other outstanding problems. Fingers crossed now!!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017