Grey Backlash?

oresome 17:35 06 Aug 09

The Local Government Association say the free bus pass scheme is expensive to administer, poorly targeted and central govermnent grants don't cover their costs.

I've got a pass, but have never used it. It might be withdrawn before I do!

click here

JYPX 18:16 06 Aug 09

If someone could really galvanise the grey vote it would certainly make the next election more interesting.
The other group to be wary of, if we are talking about a backlash, are single people. They have spent the last 12 years listening to politicians (and not just Labour) spell out what they are going to do to help families. It seemed at one point as if Cabinet Ministers had been instructed to constantly repeat the phrase "help for families" or "targeted at families" in media interviews.

lofty29 19:45 06 Aug 09

What would make it even more interesting is if somehow all the voters could be galvanised to vote, that I think would really set the cat among the pigeons.

QuizMan 20:07 06 Aug 09

So for the last umpteen years I have been buying an annual season ticket, currently costing £1600 p.a. I seem to have copped just about every revenue increase that this Governemnt has implemented and just when I thought I was about to get some payback in 9 months time when I turn 60, there is a threat to take it away.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now