Greetings Cards

Bingalau 11:51 18 Nov 10

Would any of you like to join the revolution? I'm putting £100 in to my favourite charity this year instead of sending out greetings cards. The amount of money wasted on this practise is obscene. Please do not be offended therefore if you do not get a card from me. By the way I reckon I will be in pocket because I reckon I normally spend much more on this practise than £100. My German; Australian and New Zealand friends will get an e-mail informing them of my decision...

Chris the Ancient 12:53 18 Nov 10

I opted out of seasonal greeting cards a few years ago (the reasons are not important) and all the people who used to get one all understood my reasoning for it (I emailed or phoned an explanation to them all). In turn, I also expected none back.

I don't miss them at all! And it has been that way for five years now.

interzone55 13:02 18 Nov 10

Be like me, keep the number of friends to a minimum and you can still send cards to the people who really count, rather than the ones you met once on holiday in 1973...

wiz-king 13:20 18 Nov 10

Email them a card from click here well worth the annual sub.

Bingalau 13:44 18 Nov 10

Another reason for me is that although I was in the printing trade myself, I consider greetings cards a really big rip-off. What a waste of trees too.

lotvic 14:07 18 Nov 10

I only send 6, and I make them myself. Only 2 need a stamp.
I do A4 tri-fold ones so they fit in a DL envelope.

For everyone else we have come to an 'understanding' relief on both sides and takes the strain off.

Quickbeam 14:09 18 Nov 10

I've never sent them, I've always bin a miserable sod...

muddypaws 15:45 18 Nov 10

wiz-king
Have used that site for some years, but still post Christmas cards.

Forum Editor 17:56 18 Nov 10

but I'm sure nobody is going to risk it.

lucky1 18:39 18 Nov 10

Twitchy about what one wonders!!!!

Bingalau 19:07 18 Nov 10

I did use the term "Greetings Cards" on purpose.. Nevertheless we can all feel the FE's silver mouse hovering!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos