Greed!!!!

Seth Haniel 10:12 09 Oct 09

Rupert Murdoch has said it is time for internet search engines and other websites to start to pay for any news reports they currently take for free.

click here

bremner 10:23 09 Oct 09

Why should they have them for free.

Seth Haniel 10:26 09 Oct 09

if it's downright plagerism.. yes
but there are many sources to each item of news and Rupert Murdoch hasn't sole rights to it all....

bjh 11:16 09 Oct 09

No, but he does have the sole rights to what is put on sites that he runs...

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:25 09 Oct 09

If you wrote a book or a song you would expect to be paid...why is he any different?

G

jack 11:30 09 Oct 09

I oft wonder that thing we take for granted as Free- who actually pays for it/them?
Answer is of course we all do in one way or another.

Consider the internet and the WWW- huge servers aross the globe- gigawatts of electricity- buildings to house it all - cable ways and satellites and people to run it .
All has to be paid for somehow in some way.

News- scores of Journalists, Camera Men broadcast techs etc.,etc., - all to tell us who is killing whom- all to be paid for - by us by hook or crook.

Seth Haniel 12:04 09 Oct 09

to read his tat and take up my valuable time... ;)

OTT_Buzzard 12:19 09 Oct 09

I also think RM should pay for me to have my hair cut. Unlike a TV which I can switch off, or a paper that i don't have to read, I do have to listen to the intolerable recounting of the contents of The Sun by my hairdresser. Before anyone says 'go to a different hair dresser', she is actually quite good at cutting hair and local alternatives are limited!

jakimo 12:32 09 Oct 09

Just like free newspapers,there will probably always be a free news service avalable on the internet no matter what Mr Murdoch may say

jack 15:04 09 Oct 09

the contents of The Sun by my hairdresser.
Wrote OTT_Buzzard
Do as I do--- Cut my own and talk to my self at the same time.
I dont have to listen of course and I can always tell me to shut up - not that I would take any notice. ;-@

DippyGirl 15:14 09 Oct 09

Nothing is stopping Mr M from charging for content
- this has been running for years, most media sites want paid for content, they just cant come up with a business model ...and no-one wants to be first as the adverse reaction is likely to break them

As soemone has already said content is covered by copyright, if there is abuse - sue

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5