The Great Yorkshire Show

gardener 20:58 08 Jul 08

Anyone been? If so, my wife hates you. It took her three hours to get to work today and we only live 20 minutes 'normal' drive-time away.

Bingalau 21:00 08 Jul 08

What's so great about Yorkshire?

gardener 21:01 08 Jul 08

Nothing when this thing is on.

namtas 21:10 08 Jul 08

gardner with the 120,000 plus expected attendance I thought that all locals and near locals would be well aware of the likely chaos and be prepared especially at the peak times especially as it occurs every year.

gardener 21:12 08 Jul 08

Yes, but we own a car not a helicopter.

oresome 21:14 08 Jul 08

We went last year and got bogged down in the mud. Fortunately traffic marshalls were on hand with quad bikes to give a tow.

The weathers no better this year, so I expect they'll be fully employed again.

gardener 21:18 08 Jul 08

Yes, I understand you have to park in a field which regularly turns into a bog.

Personally I've never been' but my dad went one year and got sunstroke and my sister went one year and got bitten by a horse. Sort of put me off.

Clapton is God 21:21 08 Jul 08

"dad went one year and got sunstroke"

Sunstroke??

In Yorkshire??

I think your dad's pulling your plonker, lad

gardener 21:22 08 Jul 08

No, it was in 1976, even Yorkshire had sunshine, honest!

gardener 21:30 08 Jul 08

Apparently the sun shone in Manchester that year, but I reckon that was just jealous Mancunians trying to keep up with us.

al's left peg 22:59 08 Jul 08

I went a few years ago and never thought I would enjoy it but I thought it was great. I would recommend it highly to anyone, although I don't think Gardener's wife would be happy with me saying that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…