Graphene, the "miracle material" of the 21st Century

peter99co 20:46 PM 03 Oct 11

Graphene technology

Is so far the strongest material known to science, and better at conducting electricity than copper.

The quick they replace the railway cables the better before the copper thieves close down the networks.

Aitchbee 21:00 PM 03 Oct 11

If they could incorporate it in to the soles of shoes, so they were more hard wearing then I would be happy to be a guinea-pig - as long as they were comfortable, and lasted more than 20 years.

canarieslover 21:04 PM 03 Oct 11

AitchBEE

I take it you are not fashion concious then??

Quickbeam 21:12 PM 03 Oct 11

Is it as good as Alec Guinness's white suit material?

If it is, they'll suppress the invention in order to not to infringe on the human rights of thieving scroats to recycle railway cabling...

Aitchbee 21:14 PM 03 Oct 11

canarieslover - yes you are correct. but I wouldn't mind modelling those graphene shoes 'down the pub'. It might turn a few heads...Glasgow is a fashion city, don't you know.Size 12's are required, tho'.

Aitchbee 21:27 PM 03 Oct 11

QB - Fagan was an invention of Charles Dickens - So was 'Our Man In Havana' by Graham Greene. - 'Graphene' is modern. Nobody wears a white suit nowadays.

Quickbeam 21:39 PM 03 Oct 11

AitchBEE, you gone from not fashion concious to dedicated follower of fashion in 13 post minutes!

White may be loud, but never square, from Regent Street to Merchant Square...

Aitchbee 21:51 PM 03 Oct 11

QB - I am a dedicated follower of fashion...THE KINKS

Aitchbee 21:57 PM 03 Oct 11

QB - My boots used to be made out of leather, but now they are a 'substitute'

Quickbeam 22:08 PM 03 Oct 11

I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth and my secondhand suit is really made out of sack...

morddwyd 07:21 AM 04 Oct 11

But some urge caution

"Some are certain that graphene will not do everything that has been thought up for the material.

What has been reported as "potential" seems to be - at the moment - just that, with few real-world examples of it working to replace other materials. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/9491789.stm

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites