Government Projects

Vangeliska 23:04 28 Nov 06

The Millenium Dome - a bit over budget.
The Olympic games - a bit over budget.
Any ideas on the next debacle projected to cost £1 billion which will end up costing £15 billion?

oresome 23:38 28 Nov 06

Identity card scheme,
NHS computerisation,
Trident replacement,

They'll all go well over budget and not provide the hoped for benefits.

Vangeliska 23:40 28 Nov 06

I think you're right!

Kate B 10:27 29 Nov 06

The NHS system is a disaster. A quick search on the Guardian's website alone is informative reading click here

anskyber 11:13 29 Nov 06

The war in Iraq.

Sethhaniel 11:14 29 Nov 06

;(

Totally-braindead 11:39 29 Nov 06

Any project that involves the government seems to go over budget, and not just a bit over but double what they said originally or even more. If you asked the government to buy a packet of crisps and a can of coke it would probably cost at least a tenner.

Monoux 12:14 29 Nov 06

It's probably because it's not their own money-- any momey our government has is actually ours --the taxpayers

They can't even balance their own books --according to reports yesterday the Labour Party itself is in the red and can't repay all it's own borrowings

anchor 15:47 29 Nov 06

How about the office of the Deputy Prime Minister. This is reckoned to be £2Million a year.

click here

Latest estimate for the cost of the 2012 Olympic games is that the final bill could top £6Billion. London council taxpayers will have to find a significant proportion of that.

Kate B 15:51 29 Nov 06

£2m a year is peanuts for a government department spend.

Don't get me started on how much the wretched Olympics are costing Londoners. I'd like to see everyone funding it, not just long-suffering Londoners. In theory everyone is going to benefit from it.

The Brigadier 17:03 29 Nov 06

Under funded: The NHS & HMForces.
Shows what happens when you let Labour run the country! Thats why they had 18 years as the offical Opposition and with any luck the same will happen again!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017