Government health warnings on sausages

lofty29 12:33 31 Mar 08

click here
I can see that in futer the humble banger will have to carry a government health warning, and may be banned in public places due to the dangers of passive sausage contamination

wee eddie 12:41 31 Mar 08

these days ~ I'm not that surprised!

There are made from Mechanically Recovered Meat (MRM), it's a sort of slurry that is blasted off the bones with a water jet and then partially dried. Not too dry of course, that water adds extra weight and therefor value, but enough to stop you noticing it.

Proper sausages are a different matter.

Good Health is very much a matter of balancing what you eat and it's content with, how much you do.

Covergirl 12:47 31 Mar 08

Something else on the list of cancer causing products. I'm selling up and going to live as a recluse in the mountains of Tibet where, no doubt, the sun will fry me to a cancerous cinder.

peter99co 13:21 31 Mar 08

Is it safe to eat a Haggis after you have caught it? I love 'em

wee eddie 13:35 31 Mar 08

I only ever eat the shorter legs; the longer, or downside, legs are a little tough I find. Maybe we should use these for sausages!

lofty29 13:45 31 Mar 08

I hope the both of you are obeying all the human rights, and health and safety regulations, and not hunting them during the close season

wee eddie 13:51 31 Mar 08

The little baskets are worse than rabbits.

If it weren't for the Tourists and the American Market, I don't know how we'd shift the stuff!

Quickbeam 14:28 31 Mar 08

No one suggesting it's an untruth because of the source...?

donki 14:58 31 Mar 08

Maybe they should be a below the counter item beside my ciggys :)!!

Buy your sauseages from a good butcher and your fine! A load of tripe if you ask me!

pchelper001 15:09 31 Mar 08

didnt richard hammond do a programme about sausages for his 'should i worry about' series on the bbc? I cant remember the outcome, but i was pretty shocked.

Quickbeam 15:13 31 Mar 08

'cause we'll all surely die of something or another, sooner or later, one day or another:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…