Government Gateway - Self Assessment

shellship 18:55 21 Jul 08

Don't know if this is the right forum. If not no doubt FE will put it in the right place.
This year I thought I would try, yet again, to lodge my self assessment tax return on line. I've failed, or it has failed me, several times before.
So I telephoned the helpful chaps who said they would send me my user ID - which they did and it was the same as before. So then log in and click lost password. They give you the first half of the PW and send the second half by email. So far so good. Tried to log in - "wrong user ID or PW". Tried lost password again - got new one the same method. Tried to log in and, guess what, "wrong..."
So I'll have to print out my Return yet again and swear at this incompetent lot. Or am I missing something?

wiz-king 21:57 21 Jul 08

I think it may be a case of 'join the queue'. There have been many reports of problems with that website.

PalaeoBill 08:46 22 Jul 08

I have been using it fine too but I do remember having an initial problem. The printed password that they sent me had what looked like a lowercase letter o but it wasn't, it was a zero. Then I had the problem of three tries locking me out and I had to call support to get the account unlocked.
Hope my experience is of some use to you.

shellship 09:54 22 Jul 08

Thank you all for commenting. I have better things to do with my time than trying, yet again, to sort this one out. A paper Return again it shall be!
Incidentally, fourm member, I had indeed registered and my ID is correct but the site does not seem to like the password.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…