Google's making a video game console ... & a 'smart' watch

Dragon_Heart 03:44 AM 29 Jun 13

Google is reportedly working on a game console that would be powered by its Android operating system plus a smartwatch too !

It's aim ? to undercut rival Apple ... but do we need yet another game console and a smart watch ?

Chronos the 2nd 08:36 AM 29 Jun 13

It's aim ? to undercut rival Apple

What console do they make then?

Quickbeam 08:50 AM 29 Jun 13

iBOB the new apple game console.

Chronos the 2nd 09:32 AM 29 Jun 13

Quickbeam

LOL, but that's me knackered,no teeth.

rdave13 14:08 PM 29 Jun 13
  Forum Editor 18:15 PM 29 Jun 13

My watch tells me the time very accurately, and has done so for a long time. I assume it will go on doing it. I don't really want it to be smarter than that.

The games console project is another matter. I'm not qualified to pass judgement on that, but it will involve some serious R&D money, and some serious marketing money.

Dragon_Heart 05:13 AM 30 Jun 13

"What console do they make then?"

Something to do with their smart TV. In Apple's vision of gaming, the iPhone or iPad is the console whilst the Apple TV is the receiver, thanks to a something called AirPlay

*i’m Watch

What your smartphone was missing before is finally here. The world’s first real smartwatch. It connects via Bluetooth and brings you calls, SMS, e-mails, notifications and any app directly to your wrist*.

Your for £299..... NO..... it's been reduced to £219.

So the answer is it's a mini ish smart phone that has a wrist strap

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites