Google Talk

powerless 19:37 24 Aug 05

click here

They're taking over the world.

You need a gmail email address and you can type or talk.

Jackcoms 20:02 24 Aug 05

"They're taking over the world."

No, Microsoft did that a long time ago. ;-)

GANDALF <|:-)> 21:07 24 Aug 05

Doesn't Messenger do exactly the same....or am I being totally unimpressed for no reason?

G

Newuser38 19:47 27 Aug 05

I thought I would give it a try. I have gmail and use Picasa. I signed up and invited my son who is a Yahoo user and had previously refused to gmail. He accepted and we tried to communicate managed it by mail but not yet speech and I cannot get into Talk at the moment although GMail works fine.

Anyone else tried yet?

burnlea 18:07 17 Sep 05

Can't get GT to work unless I disable Norton Internet Security, even when I choose to allow it when a Norton warning screen comes up on Startup. When it works, it's great - good sound quality. I'm on Windows XP home.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 20:42 18 Sep 05

I've tried google talk, of course yahoo messenger was lonely enough for me, hardly anyone has it.so I uninstalled it.

I guess im going to do the same thing with gooogle talk, ill re-install in about 2 years time, when more people have it.

zarobian 22:37 18 Sep 05

MSN Messenger does a lot than Google Talk for you. Google talk is good for voice conversation only. Webcam and other items may be added later on.

You have to include Google talk in Firewall allow list otherwise it won't work. The same is true for MSN Messenger.

I have noticed that during voice conversation it takes lot of CPU time. Which is a bad news. Has any body else noticed it.

Although the voice quality is excellent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…