Google or FireFox 2 ..??

whatustaring@ 12:13 20 Feb 07

Can anyone tell me what are the benefits from the two as i am a little nieve when it comes to browsers...?? which is best...iam sure this has been covered somewhere in the past...?

Monument 12:24 20 Feb 07

Google is many things but it is not a browser.

Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 2 and Opera are browsers to name but 3. Each has it fans and detractors. I would have each on your machine, try them out and see which you think is best for you

Cymro. 13:24 20 Feb 07

So IE+FF are browsers and I assume you would call Google a search engine.

But how would you explain the actual difference, as to me they all seem to do the same job.

I use Google with FF7.

anskyber 13:26 20 Feb 07

Google do have a modified IE7 browser.

anskyber 13:27 20 Feb 07

Here it is. click here

medicine hat 13:55 20 Feb 07

But isn't it a waste of space having two Google search boxes? Can't they "optimise" it better than that?

Zero G 14:00 20 Feb 07

FireFox2 a lot more reliable than IE7.

whatustaring@ 14:22 20 Feb 07

yeah i was russhing then Google is not a browser as i put it more of a Search Engine..doh..thankx for letting me know..feel such a pillock..

Cymro. 15:50 20 Feb 07

Search engine or browser?, but I still am not sure what the difference is. As you say "feel such a pillock"

anskyber 15:59 20 Feb 07

A browser is the mechanism used to gain access to the internet, so it is not a web site in itself it is a tool yo allow sites to be viewed.click here

A search engine is is a facility which is like a site but you cannot get to it without a browser. click here

rdave13 22:47 20 Feb 07

On the other hand don't download firefox from here as it's a Google pack and will corrupt firefox click here

ONLY download FireFox from the Mozilla site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…