Google earth how good the pictures

sattman 20:24 08 Jan 06

A recent post commented that the definition from Google Earth was so good that it showed their conservatory. I do not get that same clarity, is this because I am using the basic version.?

SG Atlantis® 20:28 08 Jan 06

no it just depends on the area you're viewing. It is being updated continually.

Go through the thread again. There are some good places to view.

"Hollywood sign"

"mount rushmore"

"LAX"

and all other famous landmarks like eiffel tower, look at the major cities too.

spuds 20:37 08 Jan 06

Google Earth click here

phil 22:38 08 Jan 06

click here for the GE Community site.

Gives you all the updates, downloads, overlays and a message board.

(overlays are for showing you where things like hotels, airports, football stadiums etc are)

PaulB2005 14:37 09 Jan 06

It depends where you live. Some areas have been updates and some haven't. Look at Epsom Downs Race Course for an example. You can see the Tattenham Corner end clearly down to small details like garden paths and conservatories but the Rubbing House / Grandstand end is still a massive green blur.

Look at this Image click here Apart from the writing it's untouched. You can zoom in futher but i just want to demonstrate there are areas that haven't been updated.

PaulB2005 15:20 09 Jan 06
  €dstowe 15:26 09 Jan 06

As the pictures are obtained from, and in the control of, the US military satellites and aircraft, the most detailed information will be available for those sites of strategic importance - or conversely, in the USA, NOT available.

PaulB2005 15:46 09 Jan 06

"As the pictures are obtained from, and in the control of, the US military satellites and aircraft, the most detailed information will be available for those sites of strategic importance - or conversely, in the USA, NOT available."

Sure about that? click here

The main thing is the pictures are 2-4 years out of date, so aircraft, ships etc will have been moved but the buildings (and even some of the MOST highly sensitive buildings) can be viewed.

However i don't think it'll pose any real security threats....

Although the first picture at click here is interesting in a boring way...

€dstowe 16:48 09 Jan 06

All Google Earth pictures are obtained from observation aircraft an satellites - these are invariably under the control of the USA (no other "power" has the capability or even, perhaps, the desire to spy on the rest of the world so avidly as US military).

Yes, the pictures may be old but you can be damned sure they don't show you anything that the powers in the Pentagon don't wish you to see.

Have a look in Nevada - there's a lot more there than Las Vegas but you wouldn't think so from GE. Compare it with California next door which is so detailed in the most part the you can see people walking down the street.

Thalmus 22:34 09 Jan 06

How about the bomber they caught flying over the UK?

click here

Thalmus 22:38 09 Jan 06

looks like i should read all the thread bnefore posting :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…