Google Chromecast Gadget Clearly Not Tested Properly For BT Hub5 Router.

uggly 08:56 18 Dec 14

My Google Chromecast gadget which turned up yesterday promised a lot and delivered nothing. The remit of the purchase was simple. Take it out of the box, plug it into the tv, set it up within 15 minutes - at least this was the theory. In practice, nothing was further from the truth.

Yes, I took it out of the box, I plugged it in to my Panasonic Viera, I downloaded the app on my new Motorola Smartphone. I got the welcome screens on the TV and did all that was asked of me. I called up a YouTube pop video to test. It didn't work. I tried several more and none of them worked either. I even tried using my desktop to see if it would work there. It didn't. I kept being told mt wi-fi was off which it wasn't. I rechecked my steps including reloading the app a few times. It still didn't work so I complained to the seller.

The seller tells me Google Chromecast is incompatible with a BT Hub5 router and told me how to fix it via a BT webpage. The BT webpage said I had to open up the router software, make this, that and some other change and do this, that and something else which I did to the letter. It still didn't work. In doing the resets, I had to retype and reset all my passwords in my smartphone and laptop to get reconnected to the internet again. That took a lot of effort. Net result? My smartphone and laptop now work fine. The entire Google software was removed from the desktop. The Google Chromecast is back its in box awaiting return. Time involved in doing all this? Nearly six hours.

This gadget clearly wasn't tested properly. There are many like me it seems from the forums with the same problem. A great idea this gadget but badly though through. Shame on Google for selling something not fit for purpose. Looking forward to my refund soon and will not bother buying this type of technology again.

Al94 11:09 18 Dec 14

Turn off smart set up should sort your issue - it did for me click here There is nothing wrong with the Chromecast.

spuds 11:33 18 Dec 14

"There are many like me it seems from the forums with the same problem. A great idea this gadget but badly though through. Shame on Google for selling something not fit for purpose. Looking forward to my refund soon and will not bother buying this type of technology again."

And possibly there lies the answer to your problem. Do some research before jumping in a the deep end, then blaming a product that seems to work with other systems, and for other people. At least you are able to get a refund, and have not been left with a product you no longer want and possibly need.

uggly 14:09 18 Dec 14

I did my research before jumping in. There was nothing in any review I was reading which said it didn't work with a BT Hub5 router. Had any review said it didn't work with a BT Hub5 router, but to make it work you'd have to change many settings if you did buy it, then I wouldn't've bought it in the first place. The absence of honesty and truthfulness about this product leaves a lot to be desired. The product may well work on other systems, but it didn't on mine and that's why it went back for a refund this morning.

Al94 14:28 18 Dec 14

It does work with a BT Homehub5 router - mine works fine If tweaks are required that is a BT Router issue not the Chromecast!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…