Google

onthelimit 09:12 10 Jun 10

Strewth - not too keen on their background pictures this morning!

Uboat 09:22 10 Jun 10

yeah snap..a bit overwhelming eh!

gengiscant 09:22 10 Jun 10

Beat me to it, what is it with Google these days. The bigger it gets the more it believes it can do what it wants.
This image rubbish is certainly not going down well.click here

JYPX 09:25 10 Jun 10

I am guessing I have to "sign up" to lose the pictures? I think Google have to be just a bit careful here. If a million people had their work disturbed because it wasn't obvious to them how to turn off the Pac-man game a couple of weeks ago then Google MIGHT just be in danger of losing their undisputed default search engine tag...

WhiteTruckMan 09:48 10 Jun 10

Unfortunately they are standing with their feet firmly in their mouths with this. I personally have google set as a homepage, and use it as a test to see if an internet connection is working. Both, because it is a simple, uncluttered, fast loading page. Unless this is a flash in the pan it looks like I will have to go elsewhere.

WTM

Uboat 09:59 10 Jun 10

SORTED!
ok right click anywhere in the screen then view page info then media & tick/untick allow google images! presto!

babybell 10:01 10 Jun 10

but it does feel like an amateurs site that hasn't been finished yet!

peter99co 10:06 10 Jun 10

What browser are you using?

Uboat 10:13 10 Jun 10

peter sorry im using FF (as always i hate IE)

gengiscant 10:23 10 Jun 10

From the official google blog.

The art of a homepage

6/09/2010 09:07:00 PM
Last week, we announced a new feature that lets you add a favorite photo or image to the background of your Google.com homepage.

To provide you with an extra bit of inspiration, we‘ve collaborated with several well-known artists, sculptors and photographers to create a gallery of background images you can use to personalize your Google homepage. Included in the collection are photographs of the works of Dale Chihuly, Jeff Koons, Tom Otterness, Polly Apfelbaum, Kengo Kuma (???), Kwon, Ki-soo (???) and Tord Boontje, as well as some incredible photos from Yann Arthus-Bertrand and National Geographic. We’ll be featuring these images as backgrounds on the Google homepage over the next 24 hours.

Of course, since we want your Google homepage to be personal to you, you can still choose an image or photo from your computer or your own Picasa Web Album. Whether you select an image from our new artist collection or prefer to have a more personal touch on your homepage, you’ll still enjoy the speed and ease of use that you’ve come to expect from Google.

Cymro. 11:13 10 Jun 10

but can`t get it to work. When I right click I can`t see "view page info" as he suggests I should. I must be doing something wrong. Any other ways to be rid of this damn thing. They are changing it from one picture to another at intervals.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…