Goodbye to grubby fivers

Quickbeam 08:02 23 Jan 15

Hello plastic money...

But I still think a £5 coin would be better, it can't be far from the buying power of a pound when the pound note was dumped.

1]: [click here

Quickbeam 08:05 23 Jan 15

Now if they were to introduce plastic coins we could all just print the day's allowance off and retire from work...

john bunyan 08:09 23 Jan 15

*But I still think a £5 coin would be better Now if they were to introduce plastic coins*

Then we could maybe print them on a 3 D printer?

Quickbeam 08:15 23 Jan 15

Everyone's financial problems solved at a stroke!

Aitchbee 09:38 23 Jan 15

... aka Quantative Easing!

johndrew 10:40 23 Jan 15

... aka Hyperinflation!!

BT 11:14 23 Jan 15

"Goodbye to grubby fivers"

The main reason Fivers (and other notes) are grubby and scruffy is down to the modern trend of not using wallets any more. People just screw them up and put them in their pockets.

£5 coin - I think not. The £2 coin although around isn't very popular and not often seen. I can't remember the last time I had one. And just think if Supermarket trolleys were to take them, firstly it would be hard to find one, and secondly I've lost enough pound coins when they've dropped out of the trolley mechanism, that now I buy trolley tokens for about 30p each as its cheaper to lose these, and so certainly wouldn't want to lose £5 coins!

woodchip 12:44 23 Jan 15

£5 coin!!!!!! I don't think so, I have enough Lead shot in my wallet Purse as it is

bumpkin 23:23 23 Jan 15

The £2 coin although around isn't very popular and not often seen.

What makes you say that, I use them everyday as I would thing do most people.

bumpkin 23:26 23 Jan 15

thing = think

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac