Good tip for when you change a PSU

freaky 11:24 28 Aug 05

If like myself, you have changed your PSU and have a a plethora of cables with plug-ends that you do not need. And are wondering how to make it all look less like a spiders web.

Buy some white plastic cable ties/straps. Then first of all use these on the harness that runs from the PSU to the MOB.

Secondly, do the same on all the connector cables.

Does not take very long, but certainly looka a lot better as a result. Turns a mess into a tidy mess!!

BigMoFoT 11:07 29 Aug 05

could just buy a modular PSU and attach the cables that you need...

freaky 11:54 29 Aug 05

I have not heard of Modular PSU's but sounds an excellent idea.....have you any more information or links please?

Stuartli 12:38 29 Aug 05

click here

click here

click here

There are others available.

freaky 19:43 30 Aug 05

Thanks for the links, very impressed by the first one....Thermaltake. Quite expensive though, but will probably get cheaper as demand increases.

Afraid I will have to stick with the £32 one I bought from PCW and put up with all the wires!!

Chegs ® 16:00 04 Sep 05

I heard about these modular PSU's,and opted to create a version of my own.I whipped out the soldering iron,and removed those leads I didn't require.I have had a couple of PSU's die,so removed their wiring looms,and added the usable leads into my PSU,result was quite tidy as there were no leads left dangling with nowhere to plug them into. :-)

The Spires 22:28 04 Sep 05

freaky good practice though, keeping cables clear of memory slots & fans etc makes good sense & stops rattles etc. I think I do get a bit carried away with the tie wraps but at least I know it looks neat. Chegs ®, might try your idea tomorrow bearing in mind to users there is 220v AC inside PSU's so don't do this at home.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…