Good Looking Nuisance Flogging Laptops?

Bing.alau 15:57 PM 04 Nov 12

Every time I come on to this site now I get a handsome salesman trying to flog laptops. How do I get rid of him? I've got a feeling it's not going to be easy. He keeps popping up in the top right hand corner of my screen.

oresome 17:32 PM 04 Nov 12

Once you've purchased one, he'll move on to the extended warranty.........and then the virus protection...........and then the bag........and th

Joseph Kerr 17:39 PM 04 Nov 12

Sorry, no personal offence intended but it's most irritating and an invasion, frankly, when ads come with sound. I've said it before...

Flak999 17:50 PM 04 Nov 12

Just use an ad blocker, I'm using Chrome with adblock and I never see any of these intrusive ads.

And before somebody says it, I know all the well worn arguments about the site not being able to survive without ads, but when said ads have such a detrimental effect on the users browsing experience, what can you expect?

Bing.alau 17:57 PM 04 Nov 12

I think this salesman is a pal of our FE. So be careful what you say.

Condom 18:01 PM 04 Nov 12

I have Ad Blocker but he seems to have a way round it. Pity we couldn't throw darts at it as I need the practice ;-)

Woolwell 18:10 PM 04 Nov 12

What advert? My anti-banner must block it.

morddwyd 19:21 PM 04 Nov 12

Pity there can't be a system whereby after you've clicked on it once it disappears.

That way the advertiser, and PCA, gets the result intended, and the punters don't get too frustrated.

Incidentally, I don't get the one complained of here, but I don't use adblockers.

TonyV 20:23 PM 04 Nov 12

I think he introduces himself as Matt Egan whose name rings a bell from these Forums!

Bing.alau 20:26 PM 04 Nov 12

That's why I mentioned being careful as he is a friend of our FE. Who knows, the next advert might be one by our FE himself?...

TonyV 20:35 PM 04 Nov 12

I thought that was what you meant. I haven't said anything untoward yet so I should be getting any black marks! But it's a nice Office/Pub he has set himself up in though!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Cyber Monday tech deals, sales, discounts & offers

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Harry Potter's graphic designers showcase magical props & posters in new exhibition

Apple rumours & predictions 2016: What to expect from Apple in 2016